What is Project Convergence?
Project Convergence is the centerpiece of the Army’s campaign of learning, designed to aggressively advance and integrate Army’s contributions to the Joint Force. It ensures that the Army, as part of the Joint and Combined fight, can rapidly and continuously converge effects across all domains – air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace – to overmatch the adversaries in competition and conflict.
Project Convergence will generate transformational change to ensure the Army stays ahead of emerging challenges to the national security.
What are the current and past efforts of the Army?
Project Convergence helps ensure that the Army has the right people, with the right systems, appropriately enabled, in the right places, to support the Joint fight. Project Convergence is designed around five core components:
- People – The foundation for everything the Army does. The Army is making sure to have the right people, with the right skills and training, in the right roles, to succeed in complex future missions.
- Weapons Systems – The Army’s materiel modernization efforts give the Soldiers the weapons systems they need to be the most lethal and effective force in the world.
- Command and Control – For the increasingly fast-paced and complex future fight, the Army needs the right command and control systems. These systems include the Integrated Tactical Network and the Command Post Computing Environment, as well as the Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System.
- Information – Project Convergence develops the right data enablers so Soldiers can control and direct the command and control systems to deliver lethality. Project Convergence is empowered by artificial intelligence and machine learning to speed the process at the point of need, make it more accurate, and help the Army make the ideal pairing between sensors and shooters.
- Terrain – The Army’s Soldiers and units, with the right weapons, command and control systems, and data enablers, correctly positioned, help open up windows of opportunity and provide access so the Joint Force can fight and win.