Introducing the New DSIAC Site
October 28, 2016
Our New Menu
We have made three major changes to our top menu that you may have noticed:
- “Communities” link is gone. All the functionality of this search option is still intertwined throughout the site, but in a more discreet way. You can access it directly at www.dsiac.org/communities or you can use a community as a way to filter your content. (Figure 1) Each piece of content is also tag with a community of practice. (Figure 2) These tags are linked to a list of related content of that community. (Figure 3)
- “Events” link has been added. In the old site, events were listed under “Resources.” It has been pulled out and is now its own category.
- DSIAC Store. The menu link called “Store” is now called “Products.” The only thing that has changed is the name.
Technical Inquiries (TI)
- Easy Access TI Form. There is a TI form located on left hand side of almost every page of the website for your convenience. (Figure 4) You can also access the form under the “Services” menu link.
- Express TIs for modules and news articles. If you would like to know more about a certain news article or model, each page has a button (Figure 5 and 6) that will take you to the TI form with it populated with the information that is needed (Figure 7).
- Document Request. The site now has a form to request multiple documents from DTIC.
- Discussions. This content type has been removed from the website. If you have a question or inquiry, please contact us directly or submit a TI.
- Journals. Legacy Journals and the DSIAC Journal are now listed together under the “Journals” menu link.
- Related Content. Articles related to the current page you are viewing will be listed below its contents. These articles are determined by the communities and tags they share in common with the viewed article.
- Digital Downloads. You can now purchase downloads from the store.