High-Power, Radio Frequency/Microwave-Directed Energy Weapon Effects
Join us for a live webinar presentation on "High-Power, Radio Frequency/Microwave-Directed Energy Weapon Effects."
This webinar is an introduction to directed energy weapons (DEWs) and their effects – specifically, high-power, radio frequency/microwave (HPM) DEWs. The presentation will cover what HPM weapons are, the type of weapons – narrowband and wideband, how the weapons are similar to, but different from traditional electronic warfare (EW) and electromagnetic pulse (EMP), and how the HPM energy couples into a target’s electronics and their effects. We will also cover some of the basic modeling and simulation tools for computing and estimating the probability of target failure as a function of weapon power density and range. Finally, we will show an example of how to determine hardening requirements for a notional helicopter against an HPM weapon.
Participate in the webinar via Skype and/or by phone.
To join the webinar by phone:
- Please dial: +1 (443)-409-5270
- Enter conference ID: 99026157
ATTENTION: If you are unable to join the webinar via Skype, you can listen to the presentation by phone. The presentation will be published on the web page 15 minutes prior to the scheduled webinar so that you can download it and follow along with the presentation.
- Click on Go to Webinar link below.
- Enter a guest name and click Join the meeting.
- If you have not yet downloaded the Skype for Business Web App, you will be prompted to do so.
- Follow your web browser's instructions for downloading and installing the Skype for Business Web App plug-in.